Saturday, June 1, 2013

TOTAL RESTORATION

So this blog will change up just a tiny bit and include a bit more than restoration info and photos, but I think you guys will like it.  There's nothing like hippie zen to go with an environmentally friendly house restoration project, right?  Remember, I'm serious about not just restoring this house--the restoration of this house is restoring ME, too. 
 
For the past month or so, the kids and I have been repeating positive affirmations. It's amazing how much spiritual strength and power one can develop when they simply take the time to THINK about their lives. My very favorite affirmation, and in fact the very affirmation that seems to resound within my soul the strongest, concerns my very PRESENCE. I have focused intensely on this affirmation in particular, and I will continue to focus on these words until I no longer need to remind myself to think this way. It sounds simple, but it's not. It's a very, very easy concept on paper--but applying this affirmation to my life is far from easy.

Y'all give the following affirmation a try, too. It's a life-changer.

"Today I will find my soul, here and NOW. Make this your promise for today: try to be as present as you can, and when you become aware that you have wandered away from the present moment, ask to be brought back. The mind easily slips out of the now. We fantasize about the future. We reminisce about the past. When we feel distressed, we anticipate the pain to come or remember the pain from before. Each detour takes us out of the present moment. Yet the HERE AND NOW is the ONLY meeting place where you will find your soul." ~ Deepok Chopra

~ with hugs from Sugar Creek ~
 
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment